Saturday, January 23, 2010

Puebla Tacos


Puebla Tacos has one of the murals that initially inspired my desire to focus on Taqueria art. Unfortunately some of my favorite murals have disappeared (La Estrella on Orange Grove). Puebla's murals bring in the basics of culture and food. I used to live down the street and frequented this shopping mall for tacos and offerings from 7-11. Sue, my wife, used to prefer Puebla's tacos but eventually grew fond of other local establishments. Every once in a while I'm in the mood for one of their burritos. They offer lightly grilled onions and peppers on the side.












Here a young boy is frightening away a hawk ready to snatch up the unsuspecting rattler. I find that often proportion is off or detail is lacking. But here the detail and skill on this portion of the mural is decent. This boy may eventually run into problems due to an excessively short shin and small ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment